Request an Esitmate
Send Us an Email
January 7, 2008
GeekPak Client Installation Instructions
Follow these steps when installing GeekPak at a new client location
1. Install FileMaker 8, 8.5 or 9
2. Install the latest ODBC driver for the SQL backend you will be using (usually MySQL/MyODBC)
3. Configure two user or system DSNs called "geekpak" and "geekpak2"
4. If you will be using the file manager to upload and download files via FTP install the FTPit plugin by copying the plugin file to the FileMaker Pro "Extensions" folder.
5. Open FileMaker and Register the FTPit plugin.
6. Connect GeekPak to the DSNs created in step 3 by editing the script:
7. Verify / Edit the FTPit settings on the solutions screen.